CareerCert Adds VR Training to Improve ACLS Outcomes
CareerCert has expanded our online training to include high-fidelity virtual reality powered by Health Scholars to help emergency and healthcare departments receive consistent, accessible advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS) training that can save lives in their community. Now, you can easily and accurately measure your providers’ skill and level of care in ACLS as well as assign VR training that provides targeted practice and critical feedback to improve patient outcomes.
Through this industry-leading ACLS virtual reality training, your department can:
- Save up to 83% on training costs compared to simulation-based training
- Refresh provider knowledge and skill in all of the AHA core rhythms
- Reduce the number of educators/proctors needed to run a successful simulation by 75%
- Provide consistent yet flexible training that personnel can easily access 24/7
- Manage and report on provider improvement and clinical readiness
- Build provider communication skills, situational awareness, and critical thinking
- Offer deliberate practice and targeted feedback to improve provider care
ACLS skills have been proven to deteriorate within a matter of months if not constantly practiced and refreshed.1 According to the American Heart Association, to improve outcomes for cardiac arrest the current “approach to resuscitation training should be replaced or supplemented with a spaced practice” that allows emergency and healthcare providers to receive tailored feedback and technology-enhanced training to refresh critical knowledge and skills.2
CareerCerts’ virtual reality training powered by Health Scholars prevents skill decay and improves patient outcomes through training that is realistic, convenient, clinically accurate, and provides tailored, measurable feedback. In a study comparing the effectiveness of this ACLS virtual reality training with traditional simulation-based training, the virtual reality training was found to be 83% more cost-effective, reduce administrative personnel participation by 75%, lower training time by nearly 50% (not including travel), result in similar outcomes, and provide accurate, true-to-life assessments for provider performance.3
CareerCert’s new ACLS virtual reality training provides another layer of convenient, accessible, and cost-effective training to help your team stay at their best so they can best protect your community. To learn how virtual reality can fit in with your team’s current training, reach out to our team today.
- Cheng A, et al. Resuscitation education science: Educational strategies to improve outcomes from cardiac arrest. Circulation. 2018;138.
- Benjamin E, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics – 2019 update: A Report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2019;139:10.
- Katz D, Shah R, Kim E, Park C, Shah A, Levine A, Burnett G. Utilization of a Voice-Based Virtual Reality Advanced Cardiac Life Support Team Leader Refresher: Prospective Observational Study. J Med Internet Res. 2020;22(3):e17425. DOI: 10.2196/17425