Nebraska Department of HHS, Public Health
301 Centennial Mall South
P.O. Box 94986
Lincoln, NE 68368
Phone: (402) 471-3577
Online Continuing Education Policy
- Nebraska continuing education units can be earned using CareerCert, as CareerCert is a Nebraska approved provider.
- Nebraska providers have the option to renew their licenses with a current NREMT registration. All of the NREMT requirements can be fulfilled using CareerCert. See NREMT requirements.
- In Nebraska, Out of Hospital Emergency Care Providers have a limitation on how many of their continuing competency hours can be completed in a distributive learning (F3) format during each 24 month licensure period.
- Emergency Medical Responders: Limited to 7 hours of Distributive Learning
- Emergency Medical Technicians: Limited to 10 hours of Distributive Learning
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians: 10 hours of Distributive Learning
- Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate: 15 hours of Distributive Learning
- Paramedics: 20 hours of Distributive Learning
Continuing Education Reference Links